DELICIOUS XMAS GINGERBREADS
125g softened butter
2 ½ cups plain flour
½ cup br. sugar, firmly packed
1 tsp baking soda
3 tsp ground ginger
1 egg yolk (& egg white)
½ cup golden syrup
1 ½ cups Icing sugar
- Preheat oven to 180C. Line try with baking paper.
- Beat butter and sugar together light and creamy. Add egg yolk.
- Sift dry ingredients together, then stir into butter mix with golden syrup. Mix and knead gently on a lightly floured surface.
- Roll out between 2 sheets of baking paper until approx. 5mm thick. Cut out shapes, place on cookie sheet and bake for 7 – 10 mins until lightly golden depending on size of shapes. Cool on sheet.
- For icing, mix 1½ cups icing sugar with part egg white until thick consistency. Decorate with icing and silver cachous.